TEGAM to Host RF Power Sensor Calibration User’s Group
GENEVA, OH, May 23, 2012
TEGAM, Inc. is a known leader in the field of RF Power Sensor Calibration. Now, TEGAM is inviting Calibration professionals to learn, test and discuss RF Power Sensor Calibration in a uniquely designed User’s Group. Being held August 1, 2012 in Sacramento, the group will meet for a full day at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel. “The idea for this event came from our customers who asked for practical training in RF metrology”, states Adam Fleder, President of TEGAM, Inc. “RF Power Sensor Calibration is a specialty of TEGAM and we continue to invest in improved measurements and techniques to benefit our customers.” The agenda is as follows:
- Practical introduction to RF power transfer between two coupled ports.
- Gamma and how to use Gamma to calculate power transfer and port match.
- The importance of vector measurements to the precise knowledge of power transfer.
- Typical arrangements of RF Power Sensor Calibration stations.
- The step-by-step process of calibrating a power sensor.
- Contributing factors to uncertainty of a calibration factor.
- Practical example, with Excel Spreadsheet and real data, of calculating expanded uncertainty of a calibration factor.
- Considerations for measuring the S parameters of a splitter.
- Demonstration of calibrating a 50 MHz reference port on a power meter
- A complete, end-to-end, demonstration of calibrating a power sensor using an automated station.
To register for the group, visit www.tegam.com or contact TEGAM directly at 440-466-6100. About TEGAM Inc.: Headquartered just east of Cleveland, Ohio, TEGAM, Inc. specializes in the design, manufacture and support of a wide variety of test, measurement and calibration instruments. TEGAM is the worldwide leading manufacturer of RF power sensor calibration systems for commercial and military applications. Founded in 1979, TEGAM has developed a wide variety of measurement instrumentation and markets its products around the world through a network of technical representatives and distributors in more than 40 countries. TEGAM is internationally recognized for its offering of RF power sensor calibration systems, RF attenuation measurement systems, AC ratio standards and microohmmeters. In addition, the company’s supplies LCR meters, high-voltage amplifiers, MEMS engine driver systems, handheld thermometers, humidity meters and other test and measurement solutions. TEGAM is accredited by A2LA to meet the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2005 on Certificate Number 2018.01. For more information visit www.tegam.com or contact Kim Niznik Goff at firstname.lastname@example.org .